Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Learning is key!

I am currently attending Mohawk College  for my third and final year of  Advertising Communications Media. Within this course I have learned more than I could have dreamed of. About what you may ask? Well, first and foremost I have learned about the Adobe Software and using a Mac computer. This may sound silly to some, but I had only used PC computers prior to entering the course. Now, I would never use anything else. Programs such a InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop absorb my life on a daily basis. I've learned to explore my creativity and think out of the box, even more than the average joe. :) With knowledge and understanding, and a great idea, I can now execute great advertisements in various mediums. I've also learned that networking within this industry is very important. Knowing who's who, and making sure they know who you are, is always a great thing. Next would be making sure your portfolio is not just up to par, but better than everyone else's, is needed. This is hard, as this is a very competitive industry, but working on your portfolio every chance you get is what you need to do. Every day I learn something new and I'm sure this will continue when I enter the workforce.

No comments:

Post a Comment